The Global Medicines Program is working to improve the safety and quality of medicines worldwide.
The mission of the Global Medicines Program is to improve the use, safety, quality, cost-effectiveness, and affordability of medicines in resource-poor countries.
The Global Medicines Program provides advanced training in global medicines research and policy both at the University of Washington and in the field.
The Global Medicines Program works to promote access to safe, cost-effective medicines and pharmacy services through research, training, and policy to improve health and health systems across the globe. Projects include:
- Safety of new medicines and vaccines for neglected diseases introduced directly into developing countries
- Product quality issues, including falsified and substandard drugs
- Emergence of drug resistant infections
- Pharmacy workforce shortages
- Cost effectiveness of medicines and health technologies