WHO Collaborating Center for Mass Gatherings Public Health
The University of Washington Department of Global Health is designated as a WHO Collaboration Center for Mass Gatherings.
What is a Mass Gathering?
Mass gatherings are events attended by a sufficient number of people to strain the planning and response resources of a community, state, province, or nation. These can include small and medium events.
The primary activities of the UW Collaborating Center include:
- Training, tools and resources for mass gatherings in low resource settings
- Planning for medical countermeasures (drugs, vaccines, mass dispensing) of mass gatherings
- Public health emergency communications
- Operational research guidance for small to medium sized mass gatherings
- Mass casualty events in low resource settings
About the WHO Collaborating Centres
- WHO Collaborating Centres for Health at Mass Gatherings convene during the World Congress for Disasters and Emergency Medicine, 2015
- UW Collaborating Centre Poster